Super Bowl Sunday

January 31, 2012 10:30 by Sung

I couldn't have expected a better season from the NY Giants. Eli Manning has proved to be one of the elite quarterbacks in the league. This super bowl will be a repeat of the 07-08 season, where the Giants (14-6) beat the Patriots (18-1) in a epic upset. Every year my friends and I always get together at someone's house for a super bowl party. This year will be no different. If anything, it will be crazier cheering on our hometown team. You can bet there will be plenty of Logo Beer Glasses and Promotional Stadium Cups. Besides the electrifying event, companies spend millions of dollars adversiting during the game. I have to say the best TV commerials come during the super bowl, so be sure to tune in. I will be anticipating a 21-20 victory for the G-men.

Facebook Cover Pix!

January 31, 2012 10:06 by Sam

Over the weekend my friend who is a bit of a Techie introduced me to his new site that he launched.  It is called FB Cover Pix. At first I was very confused and even thought his site was useless.  This is because I had the older version of Facebook and was in the dark about this new technology.  Well once I updated my Facebook it all made sense. It is a pretty cool site and very easy to navigate. For those of you that do not know, the new version of Facebook allows you to customize you page with a cover picture at the top. At www.fbcoverpix.com you can access a database with images that will spice up your Facebook Profile in just minutes.  It is a cool site that I wanted to share with all of you!

Tags: ,
Categories:
Actions: E-mail | Permalink | Comments (0) | Comment RSSRSS comment feed

An Ode to Post-It Notes

January 31, 2012 05:26 by Dan

Oh promotional adhesive pads, where would we be without you and your trusty side kick, the promotional pen? Both are a staple in anyone's home or office. They provide a valuable service, plus are an excellent promotional item.

Post-It notes, you provide us the perfect opportunity to share important information. Your sticky background weathers many daily abuses, while holding on dearly to the document you were affixed to. You are the messenger of changes and alterations. You can deliver good news, or bad. You provide us with a chance to change and correct our ways. You are also there in a pinch, in a bind, and even when we need you on the fly. You provide a blank slate to brand a logo and provide contact information. You are a reminder for the forgetful, and a holder of important information. You and your trusty side kick, the promotional pen, go hand-in-hand...literally!

However, what most people don't realize is that you are a canvas. You're a blank page waiting to be used. You are the beginning of something creative, and you can allow the imagination to run wild. You give the opportunity to people like my friends and co-workers, Kati and Nicole, to allow their creative juices to flow. Without you their work wouldn't be proudly displayed in my cubicle, or be seen below. Thank you ladies, it's greatly appreciated and very sweet.

So Post-It notes and pens, you hold a special place in our hearts. You may be taken advantage of, and taken for granted. But you are never forgotten, and you will always be by our side.

Access Denied: Brits Kicked Out of US After 'Destructive' Tweets

January 31, 2012 03:32 by Brandon

How seriously should we take a Twitter update?  That's the question on everyone's mind as news regarding two British tourists who were barred from entering the United States due to a questionable Tweet travels the Web.

promotional WeeBeans Blue Bird Toy With Custom Tag

Leigh Van Bryan, 26, posted the following status on the popular social media platform before leaving for vacation: "Free this week, for quick gossip/prep before I go and destroy America."  According to Mashable, upon arrival to the US, Van Bryan and his friend, Emily Bunting, 24, were detained by anti-terror agents who believed the two were going to commit crimes.

But that's not all -- Van Bryan and Bunting were then interrogated for five hours and forced to stay in holding cells overnight before finally being sent home to England.

While many are criticizing US officials for their misinterpretation of the word "destroy" (CNET reports that "the use of the word 'destroy' here refers to, well, partying"), others are happy about the government's surveillance of social media networks as part of its anti-terror efforts.  Indeed, it would appear that Motivators' fictional "Twitter PD" may not be so make-believe.

What do you think?  Does the US Department of Homeland Security need to learn how to take a joke, or should Twitter users be more careful about what they share?

I Love Math, Because of my Calculator

January 30, 2012 07:17 by Christian

My work here in prep requires a lot of computations and calculations. I’m not completely comfortable using the calculator installed on my computer because I don’t like the idea of changing screens every time I need to get the figures from my sheet.

Good thing I have my ever-reliable promotional calculator handy always. It has a big screen to make viewing easier, large buttons for my fat fingers that makes computing easy (sometimes I don't even have to look at the numbers!), and of course a more accurate result than doing the math in my head (I sometimes don’t trust my math).

My calculator also has a dual-power feature which automatically uses solar power when I’m in a bright room or outdoors. This saves battery which makes it a very eco-friendly device.

promotional big button calculator

I believe that whatever field you're in -- whether it's accounting, sales, IT, industrial, medical, graphics etc. -- numbers and computations are going to be part of what you do. Good thing Motivators has a variety of promotional calculators, available in many different sizes, which make adding and subtracting easier and a lot of fun!

Don't Promote If You Won't Commit!

January 30, 2012 07:05 by Adam

I think it may have been mentioned once or twice here on this blog, but if it hasn't been, this Sunday is the Super Bowl. It is completely fair to say that no other event during the course of a year captivates more attention than the Super Bowl. Due to this reason, companies choose this day to promote themselves. From the largest companies in the world, like Pepsi or Volkswagen to even the small businesses around the corner, everyone tries to get in on the fun.

This is the story of a small business that tried to get in on the fun.

One of the best BBQ places in Long Island, and maybe in New York, is Smokin Al's in Massepequa.  Fantastic BBQ food, without question.  Al himself announced via local news outlets this weekend that he will refund the cost of every Super Bowl platter purchased from him should the Giants win the Super Bowl. As word spread locals got very excited about the possibilities! Imagine your favorite team winning the Super Bowl and then getting the party you watched it during free.

So calls started pouring in. And then as it turned out the fine print came out. Minimum $200 purchase. One other thing, there was "limited availibility on the promotion." So by the time the story was announced, they were not letting anyone else join in. They say all publicity is good publicity. I say not if you excite the customers for nothing.

So if you are throwing a Super Bowl party yourself don't buy logo beer glasses if you can't get them for everyone, get promotional stadium cups for everyone!

The moral of the story, don't leave people out!

Tags: ,
Categories: Food
Actions: E-mail | Permalink | Comments (2) | Comment RSSRSS comment feed

How to: Manage Your Grocery Budget

January 30, 2012 06:54 by Christian

Grocery shopping is one of the biggest budget eaters for everyone. We allot a big percentage of expenses for food and other home/kitchen needs. Here are some ways to stick to your grocery budget and prevent over-spending on not-so-important items and food.

1. Analyze the goods you normally consume on a weekly basis. Make a weekly groceries visit instead of a daily trip. This will help you save gasoline, time and energy. Mark your promotional calendars with your scheduled grocery activity.
  2. Make a weekly food plan for the family. Set a specific budget per meal. Make sure it’ll be healthy and balanced with nutrients the whole family needs.
  3. Always be ready with your pens and promotional notebooks. List all your grocery needs on a weekly plan.

promotional recycled cardboard notepad

4. When going to the grocery store, always bring your calculator. Compare prices of the items and see how much money you’ll be able to save.

promotional value calculator

5. Look up and down at the store's displayed items. More expensive products are normally placed at eye-level to easily be seen and reached by consumers. Cheaper priced items can be found either on the higher or lower part of the display cabinets.
  6. Although going to purchase groceries can be a good bonding activity for the family, teach your kids not to pick up unnecessary goodies that can make you exceed your budget. Instead of buying chips and candies, buy them fruits which are healthier and more nutritious.
  7. Save all your leftover change in coin banks. You’ll be surprised how much money you’ve collected once you completely fill them up!

promotional plastic piggy bankStaying within your grocery budget can be tough, especially when you’re just starting, but as the weeks go by and you get the hang of it, you’ll soon realize how much you can save. The money you've saved can even be used to buy something special to reward yourself for a job well done.

Christina Aguilera, Stevie Wonder Pay Tribute to Etta James

January 30, 2012 04:09 by Brandon

Less than two weeks ago, the world lost a legend.  Blues icon Etta James passed away on January 20, 2012 following a two-year-long battle with leukemia.  But while she may not be here with us anymore, James continues to inspire through her multiple timeless classics.

One performer who claims James' music "cut right to my soul and spoke to me" is Christina Aguilera.  So it was no surprise when the Grammy award-winning recording artist paid tribute to James by performing "At Last" at her funeral last Saturday. "There’s a line in this song that says ‘I found a dream that I could speak to,'" Aguilera said before performing. "And for me that dream, all my life, has been Etta James."

You can watch Aguilera's rendition of "At Last" below:

Other notable individuals who paid their respects at James' funeral include Stevie Wonder and Reverend Al Sharpton.  Which of James' many hit songs is your favorite?

Even Sophie Loves The Jetstream

January 30, 2012 03:36 by Laurie

As a kid, I loved getting crayons, art sets, and different colored custom pens. It was always exciting to write in a color other than blue or black ink. Writing in red, purple, or green ink always just looked better...more exciting. One of Motivators staff favorites is the custom imprinted Uni Ball Jet Stream pen that happens to come in blue, black and red ink. Who doesn't love red ink? Red ink feels official and/or pretty, depending on the context. For Sophie, one of our favorite followers, it is used for both. She uses the red ink Jet Stream to write in her diary (both official and fun). Sophie, we hope you get your Monkey (long story) or your bowling party! Keep using the Jet Stream, and if you need anything else, just give us a call!

Promotional Products Overload!!!

January 27, 2012 10:46 by Jon

This past Thursday January 26th, Ken, Laura, Samantha and myself attended the SAAGNY winter showcase 2012.  The plethora of trade show items were amazing.  Any promotional product you could think of was there.  Any item you may want imprinted they had on display.  It really makes you think about how many of these items you come in contact with every single day.  We all had a great time walking the show and are looking forward to selling many of these item to our customers!

Bring It On!

January 27, 2012 10:23 by Greg

Feb 6th is the beginng of the end .. again.  I started a workout routine in november for an 8 week program it was very successful :) and then the holiday set in .. ugh.  I just completed a 6 week introductory class to CROSSFIT.  If you don't know what this is, you should definitly check out a you tube video of it.  It is a fitness class that is like no others.  It is a combination of strength and cardio workouts that will keep anyone entertained.  I have been batteling the Bulge my whole life and I am going to make 2012 count.  After reading a great blog by my coworker Ali, Squash the habit, and some recently books and articles I have been reading about the decline of your health the heavier and older you get.  I am inspired and I am looking forward to the first workout "The Filthy 50"

50 Box Jumps