Today, my blog is dedicated to what I am going to call, Buzzworthy Branding! When one of my facebook friends posted an article about two young entrepreneurs, Jordan and Bryan Silverman, that started a company with a tag line, "Don't Rush, Look Before You Flush," I was intrigued. As I read on, I learned that these two University of Michigan brothers happen to be from my boyfriends hometown, Rye Brook, NY, and have created a start-up that allows advertisers to brand toilet paper. Yes, you heard me, toilet paper!
While the idea is fascinating, creative and simply genius, I did have some concerns. The first thing that came to mind was: Is this safe? I found myself on the company website and my quesitons were put to ease. They promise that the toilet paper is 100% recycled and eco-friendly, septic-safe and the ink is soy-bean based, which makes it non-abrasive.
Wondering about the benefits? These are the main selling points taken directly from their website:
Benefits of advertising with Star Toilet Paper:
- Just $0.005 (half a cent) per ad
- Advertise where everyone will see
- Tired of being 1 of 200 companies in a coupon book, yellow pages, or newspaper? When you advertise with us you are 1 of 6 advertisers on each roll. Our unique advertising method ensures you are the only company of your kind in the entire venue
- Segment your market by choosing a specific venue based on location, demographics, and gender
- Isn’t advertising about getting your product seen by potential customers? 75% of people said they would read advertisements and coupons on toilet paper and over 98% of people reacted positively to seeing advertising in the bathroom
- People are more likely to buy from a company they see advertise on our Printed Toilet Paper.
Well, I can honestly say that they have me sold! I wish these two brothers the best of luck and just found myself voting for Bryan Silverman as Entrepreneur of 2012 for Entrepreneur Magazine! If you think this concept is great, cast your vote as well! You can visit their website or their Facebook fan page.
When the time comes to order promotional items, I hope they take my suggestion of a branded Toilet Stress Reliever to really make a statement!